Thursday, July 24, 2008

better than it might have been

The sock is steadily progressing now. I've been hard at it early mornings before work and late evenings after work. And I'm quite pleased with the result - but then, I'm an easy marker.

There's some uneveness in the stockinette of the bottom of the heel flap - tighter knit rows than purl rows are to blame. And the knitting is noticeably loose between the stitches of needles two and three. Some yarn-overs in the lace pattern aren't quite as distinct as others - I may not have pulled the yarn over knitwise on a few of them. And that's just for starters.

But I do believe it'll look like a sock when I'm done and not dissimilar from the pattern intended by the designer. Perhaps more importantly, I do believe that it will fit a human foot. All of which is better than it might have been.

No comments: