Tuesday, July 22, 2008

knit more, worry less

Deep breath in .... and .... let go of my obsession about gauge....

After reknitting the gauge swatch, and after machine washing and drying it, I re-measured - it's just about perfect for both stitch and row gauge! Phew! And, as an experienced knitter kindly pointed out, feet come in all shapes and sizes... maybe a little longer on the heel flap is not such a bad thing? So I've picked up the needles again and am carrying on with the pattern. 

Looking on the bright side, now I know that even after machine washing and drying, my finished socks will still fit an adult foot. So I haven't completely wasted the last couple of days. And I'm starting to feel pretty positive about this sock knitting thing again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sock thing is becoming an obsession, dear!