Saturday, August 23, 2008

better and better still

At 7:30am we were parked at the Service Bay of Starkey Ford in Kittery Maine hoping they had a tire to fit our rim and that they'd squeeze us in. And I had an overwhelming urge to knit ... just to calm my nerves, because there was nothing I could do about the rest of it.

So I did knit. And they did have a tire that fit. In about 25 minutes we were on the road. So it's all good. During the morning's drive I knit a bit more. But when I messed up the heel decreases, and had to rip back to where I started, I thought I'd better put it away for a while.

And sit back to enjoy the scenery. Sun, sky, mountains - it doesn't get much better than that. Until we came upon Briggs & Little - the oldest yarn mill in Canada - just 45 minutes south of my brother's place in Fredericton. That really is the icing on the cake.

No comments: