Saturday, September 27, 2008

the click of needles


First sock progress? Toe done, instep done, heel done, and first chart repeat of cuff done. Lots of progress. On the needles it looks odd - not very "sock-shaped" to my way of thinking. But it looks and feels okay on my foot. Which is a round about way of saying, sorry for the lame picture but trust me it's going to be fine.

It's Saturday, and it's drizzling, so I'm hoping to get lots more done today. Maybe even finish the first sock. There's something very peaceful about the quiet click of needles against the backdrop of a grey and cloudy day. Like meditation ... aaaaah, the stress is melting away from me.

At least it was until I thought about laundry, grocery shopping and the list of the other things I need to get done. Okay, okay. I'll put my knitting aside and get on it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something very peaceful about the quiet click of needles against the backdrop of a grey and cloudy day. Like meditation ...

More like Chinese Water Torture...

Anonymous said...

Knitting is pure heaven