Friday, September 12, 2008

next lesson: blocking

No yarn left, so Chicabean is done. At least, the knitting is done. A momentary crisis of indecision about how to bind-off was resolved after consulting a Knitty article - I opted to bind-off purl-wise on the last WS row. All that's left now is sewing in the yarn ends and blocking.

Oh yeah. Blocking. There's something I've never done before. In theory, pretty much everything I knit is supposed to be blocked when I'm finished. But I've never done it, don't know how to do it, and don't know anyone else who's done it. Uh oh.

When in doubt, it's back to Knitty for me. And wouldn't you know it, they've got me covered. With the help of Jessica Fenlon Thomas, I'm going to be teaching myself how to block a scarf tonight. It's one more step to becoming a better knitter.

No comments: