Thursday, September 4, 2008

watching every ply

Sorry, I can't really blog today. The 10 plys are so prone to splitting and the yarn is so slippery that knitting this scarf is taking all my concentration. There's been so much tinking going on to fix splits that I may have to call it the twice-knit scarf. Or possibly the thrice-knit scarf depending on how it goes.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not upset. It's a good exercise for me in patience - not something I'm typically known for. And it's still the silkiest yarn I've ever felt. If I weren't gripping the needles so tightly to keep it all from sliding into my lap, my fingers would be sighing with pleasure.

Soon I'll have several repeats done and be well on my way. With luck it'll get easier as I go. But forget the idea of starting and finishing this in a few days. Hmm... better get back to it.

No comments: