Saturday, November 1, 2008

flying east

At about 8 am, Mom and I were in the air, enroute to visit Mark and Patti in New Brunswick. With knitting in hand. The bamboo dpns picked up yesterday made it through security and onboard without any problem. Only my craft scissors gave the Security Officers pause - but they are blunt-tipped, so still okay.

As we flew over Quebec my second Pro Bono Hat was well underway. Even after grocery shopping, errands, laundry, cleaning the fridge and packing, I still had time yesterday to start and finish a first hat. It's a great pattern - a very simple, warm ribbed hat.

Patti and I snuck in a trip to Yarns on York to get supplies for a couple of projects. Patti's starting the Bob Blankie - a great pattern for a beginner. Mom's starting a Top Down Sweater in a toddler size. And can you believe it? I left a yarn store empty-handed.

No comments: