Thursday, November 20, 2008

wintery weather


It happens every year. Despite all our hopes and prayers, it snowed. Sure, it looks pretty this morning, but it made for a white knuckle drive home last night. Gavin pulled over half way home to reduce the tire pressure to improve traction - before that, there were a couple of hills that were a real struggle.

Wintery weather has motivated me to get moving with my sweater knitting. The first sleeve is cast on, and the corrugated ribbing is done. Next? A couple of increase rows and then a colourwork chart with an evergreen motif. So far, so good.

I have to keep moving on this. Because I'd like to finish it while it's still winter. All this wool would be uncomfortably warm in spring or summer. And you know that once it's finished, I'll want to wear it and show it off!

No comments: