Monday, February 9, 2009

welcome Sam

Late last summer I vacationed in New Brunswick with my brother and sister-in-law. And then returned again in November for a visit with my Mom. While there, Mom and I helped Patti learn to knit and start her first project - a baby blanket for her best friend who was expecting her first in December.

The blanket is the Bob Blankie from Mags Kandis - garter stitch stripes in vivid colours with interesting braided and knotted cords for finishing. Patti did a great job and finished in time to welcome Sam, who enjoys grabbing the knotted cords in his little fists. Pretty impressive for her first knitted project!

I'm working away at the body of my Taiga sweater and making good progress. The colourwork chart is done; I'm well into the main part of the body. At this point, more than a third of the way to the underarms. But what a lot of work a sweater is! And to think that there are knitters out there who knit a sweater every month or two!

No comments: