Tuesday, March 10, 2009

springy

See how the finished sock folds into itself between pattern repeats? Interesting, eh? It gives a springiness to the sock that may make it a comfortable fit. I think, going forward, that's something to look for in the patterns I consider. Because there's nothing worse than spending all that time and effort hand knitting an article of clothing, and then finding it doesn't fit.

The poll has opened in my First Time Sock Knitters Group - the poll to select the pattern for the Spring KAL. Leading now is Firestarter - which is toe-up using the magic loop method of sock knitting. It wouldn't be my first choice, but it would be good for me to learn some new techniques. I've seen knitters using the magic loop method, and I'm frankly a bit nervous.

Lava Flow socks look a bit simpler than the others - frankly I'd prefer something more intricate. Rainy Day socks are pretty, but I'm not sure about how forgiving the fit would be. If the poll results decide in favour of Monkey socks, then I'm almost done already. I can't imagine knitting the same or similar pattern twice - not when there's so many other great patterns to try! My vote went to Shurgatal - much more my usual style.

No comments: