Friday, June 26, 2009

throwing away the reading glasses


Lots of errands over the last couple of days. Yesterday saw me at my Optometrist's office before work, after dropping off yearbooks, and posting toner cartridges for recycling. Increasingly I've depended on reading glasses for near viewing - contacts only corrected for distance viewing. A few weeks ago I saw a TV ad for progressive contacts ... "throw away your reading glasses" it prompted. I called my optometrist and she ordered a trial pair, with a three month money back guarantee. And they are AWESOME! I can knit on 2mm needles without reading glasses! Consequently I'm getting down to business with my second Red Rocket sock. Almost to the heel now and on a roll.

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

the socks look great- I'm glad about the contacts.

Frieda said...

The socks look awesome !