Monday, September 21, 2009

Hat Wars still


Chapter 3 - Wherein I watch and wait.

I can scarcely believe it myself. The mailman came and went, and no hat. Nothing by regular post, nothing by XpressPost; I'm still in the game. But no telling what tomorrow will bring. My target, Pointyknitja, is still in the game too, but I know she's on borrowed time. Because her hat was sent Xpress Post and should be delivered no later than Wednesday presuming that Canada Post delivers on schedule. Or thereabouts, as you can't depend on Canada Post.

In the meantime I had a chance to finish the first of my truffle brown bamboo socks. Not the best photo - the indoor light and the flash have exaggerated the lighter streaks of colours. The yarn is really much chocolatier than the photo suggests. Gavin was kind enough to model the sock - although maybe I didn't exactly ask so much as put it on his foot as he sat with his laptop in front of the hockey game. His review? It's fine. Nice. Quite comfortable, for a sock. Which is about as effusive as I could hope. Gavin lives in barefeet and flip-flops, year round. Socks really aren't his thing. Nor are sweaters, or mitts or anything hand knitted at all.

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I don't think I could cope with the waiting in hat wars! You must have nerves of steel.
the socks are great, and that's what men are lke- I'm sure he'll wear them and appreciate them , but rave about them? no.

Susan said...

The suspense is killing me! And my husband just grunts when I knit him something.