Saturday, December 26, 2009

relaxing at home


With wind, mild temperatures and steady rain, it's been a very green Christmas. That's good for Gavin who spent a couple hours surfing on Lake Ontario this aft. And good for me; I spent the late afternoon curled up with my knitting in front of the first few episodes of season one of The Tudors. I turned the heel of my sock as William Courtenay fell to the swords of assassins in Urbino. And picked up my gusset stitches as Lady-In-Waiting Elizabeth Blount finds herself pregnant with Henry VIII's child. By the time the child was born and Henry VIII acknowledged him, I was well into the final chart for the top of the foot. Now the first sock is done. Despite my early setbacks, that really took no time at all!

It's been a very relaxing couple of days. Thanks to Roxanne McQuilkin's book "Canadian Bread Machine Baking" I've sorted out where I was going wrong with my new bread machine. Without a preheat cycle, I have to remember to use hot water. Mmmm ... is there anything better than the smell of fresh baked bread?

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The Tudors is a great way to spend the day! I have to get Season 3, I haven't seen it yet.
You're making me jealous with your bread

Frieda said...

The sock is fabulous , love the pattern and yarn that you chose ! I'm not a fan of knittng cables but love the look .