Sunday, February 28, 2010

if at first you don't succeed


After knitting the first few inches of a Hedgerow sock I've ripped it all out. The barber poling of the colours is too much for me. The yarn is just too lovely to let this pass. Gavin can't believe it. "It's a sock", he exclaimed with some exasperation. "It's going to be worn under a pant leg; not framed and displayed as art." But if I have my way, these socks will be a work of art. Where's the joy in knitting something that I won't be happy with?

Next? I think I'll try Nutkins with this yarn. Maybe with a slightly larger needle and some traveling stitches the colour variations will sort themselves out in a more satisfactory way. Besides, the pattern looks like way more fun to knit!

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You're going to love Nutkin! It's a great pattern!