Sunday, March 14, 2010

a quick knit


When I finished the blanket, I decided to knit a couple of quick and easy dishcloths. And for my pattern, I consulted the Ravelry database. Grandmother's Favorite dishcloth pattern was by far the most popular, so I went with that. There's a warning attached to the pattern, though ....

None of my friends had ever used one of these cloths before, and once you give one away and they find out that you can scrub glass with one, you will be knitting these things for the rest of your life.

We'll see about that. In the meantime this counts as stash-busting. This is a good use for all that Bernat Handicrafter cotton that I picked up at the Yarn Factory Outlet sale last year.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I have a bunch that my best friend gave me as a house warming gift. I love them but I have to watch because Dave likes to use them as oil rags on the car... of course he thinks anything cloth-like and that size is fair game

Frieda said...

I just finished 3 of the very same dishcoths , too funny ! Looks like the warning applies in my case . I couldn't knit just one .

I love your finished blanket , very nice ...