Tuesday, March 2, 2010

turning the heel


With the leg of my first Nutkin sock done, I knit the heel flap, turned the heel and started the gusset last night. I opted for an Eye of Partridge heel flap ... mostly because I like how it looks rather than for any sensible reason. It'll work out okay, though, as the person for whom these socks are intended does not have particularly narrow feet or heels.

Following the pattern instructions I knit 8 repeats of the pattern chart for the leg; a nice length, I think. And my misgivings that the socks may work up to wide have dissipated. The pattern is scrunching in so the socks will be a bit stretchier than I originally thought.

Mostly I'm looking forward to having these done. My next project is going to be something completely different - maybe a baby blanket. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm feeling a bit tired of knitting socks. Winter blahs, maybe?

1 comment:

Frieda said...

I think the pattern suits the yarn . It's so gorgeous , nice job !

A change is good , but it seems to me that you have knit a variety of different things . I'd say it's Olympic let down as well as winter blahs .