Friday, April 16, 2010

knitting therapy


Now that my Tile Stitch washcloth is done, I'm quite happy with it. So on to the last washcloth - the Horseshoe Lace washcloth in chocolate brown. Er, at least, it was supposed to have been Horseshoe Lace, but I'm working alternate repeats in reverse order creating a Diamond Lace pattern instead. Why the modification? After a frustrating week, there's a tiny feeling of satisfaction that I'm in control, at least with my knitting. I'm asserting myself and doing things my way. And as I knit, I'm reflecting about what went wrong this week; I need to think through how best to confront and resolve the problems.

Having rewound the yarn I'm relieved to find no knots and no vegetable matter - much nicer to knit with than the last skein. Looks like this is going to be a quiet weekend for me; cooking, cleaning, sleeping and knitting. Exactly what I need.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That sounds like a great weekend!