Friday, April 9, 2010

missing Mom


Yesterday when the buds on my Spindle Tree began bursting into leaves I wished I could send Mom a photo. The Spindle Tree came home with us from a sale at the RBG after much deliberation and comparison shopping. We both liked the awkward looking squarish stems and its plain green leaves. And because it's a native species, it's been hardy and reliable.

Since her passing on April 9 last year, not a day has passed that I haven't thought of Mom and missed her. And on occasion - like when I see her handwritten notes in the margins of my knitting patterns - I feel like she's here with me. I hope so anyway.

2 comments:

One pair of Hands said...

I'm sure your Mom will always be with you, in your heart and in everything you do. It must be comforting to read her notes still speaking to you. Anniversaries are always difficult times. Your Mom has a lovely face.

Susan said...

I think she'll always be where you are.