Wednesday, April 21, 2010

picking up where I left off


For the last few weeks I've been guilty of working on all sorts of projects instead of the two things already on needles - my Heartland Lace Shawl and my Tiger Lily (Esther) socks. It was almost as if I was on a knitting vacation - knitting fun little projects like dishcloths, washcloths and bunny cosies.

But I've been missing my sock knitting, so yesterday I picked up the second sock where I left off. After knitting almost an entire repeat I realized I'd forgotten something important - reversing the direction of the cables for the second sock. Tink, tink, tink, all the way back. It's absolutely no fun tinking back through twisted stitches, two kinds of decreases and cables on tiny needles. I've only myself to blame - it's not surprising that I'd forget something after putting them aside for so many weeks. I'm back on track now, and back to enjoying this gorgeous yarn and pattern.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ugh - I hate tinking. but they really do look fantastic!