Friday, May 7, 2010

a general update


With my few little refinements the Flip-Flop Socklet is taking shape. The big toe side now slants down correctly at the bottom edge. And with added short rows the top edge comes up higher to collar the big toe nicely. I'm still not entirely happy with the bottom of the sock, though. Right now it falls a bit short in the middle of my foot. Time to take a break from this project, though. It feels a bit like I have been maniacally knitting socklets and ignoring the rest of the my projects.

About halfway through the first period of the Vancouver game I finished the toe of my second Tiger Lily sock. What a gorgeous pattern! One thing, though, it's not very stretchy so we'll have to see how they fit. I purposely made them on the small side for my petite sister-in-law.

Next to finish? My Heartland Lace Shawl. This morning I threaded a lifeline through the last repeat of the Bison Tracks Lace. Ready to start the River of Life Edging!

1 comment:

Frieda said...

The socks are absolutely beautiful ! Can't wait to see pics of the finished shawl ...