Thursday, May 20, 2010

vacation day six


Finally, a photo of my finished Fancy Socks! Heather was kind enough to model them on this sunny afternoon while on the deck reading J.D. Robb's latest bestseller. They're destined for a soak when I get home in a few days, but in the meantime, Heather reports that they are very soft and comfy. And what a beautiful colourway!

My magical scarf is also done - photos tomorrow. Interestingly, both Gavin and Gary were appalled when they discovered that the finishing includes dropping live stitches and cutting through the knitted work. And both Heather and I thought it was interesting and fun. Guess the guys weren't ready to break the rules!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynn

It sounds like you are having a great time. This weekend we plan to walk down by the lake, enjoy being on the lakeshore and sitting in a hot tub. Are you envious yet?
The LaFormes

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Socks look great!

Elizabeth said...

The socks are fab! I am working on Stephen's cat again and making my way slowly through the blue-muda blanket.
Sounds like you are having a great time. I think we'll have to have some of that pom-tini stuff at Pine Vista!
I'm excited about seeing your magical scarf.

Allison said...

I love knitting on vacation. It's extra relaxing. Nice socks!