Friday, July 16, 2010

bobbing along on Caspian Seas


At the end of the chart for the foot, the sock looked too short for my big feet so I extended the pattern by several rows before starting the multicolour cuff. I'm figuring that I'll be working the afterthought heel sometime on Saturday. See the pink waste yarn? As I remove it, live stitches will be exposed above and below. I've done this before - some mitten patterns like Quo Vadis use an afterthought thumb - but it's nerve wracking!

Then all that's left to do is to weave in the ends. And what a lot of ends! I'm hoping for a sunny day when the sock is done; all these photos on overcast mornings don't do the colours justice at all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love it, how gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Overcast or not ... the sock is beautiful!

Frieda said...

Wow , it's just beautiful !