Tuesday, September 28, 2010

crazy daisies


It's going to take some explaining as to how it is that I'm crocheting daisy blocks in brightly coloured acrylic. It's not my usual sort of project, is it?

Crochet? Really? Yes, I learned to crochet in Grade 6 Home Economics but it's been years since I attempted anything more than a crocheted border. But these days, thanks to Google and YouTube it was easy enough to organize my own refresher course. Because Nancy doesn't knit so to involve her in a joint project it had to be crochet. And I was the instigator - I just had to try the pattern. Nancy was good enough to agree to crochet along.

When making a blanket for charity, we found that most charities want acrylic. Not surprising really - it's machine washable and dryable. So just over a week ago at Len's Mill Store we picked one ball of each of the brightest colours of Paton's Canadiana. To say these colours are bright may be an understatement! With colourways like Super Lime, Really Green, School Bus Yellow, Really Blue and Super Teal you just know that the results are going to be intense.

Now, I wonder how many different ways I can combine these eight colours?

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

the more colours you use the better it will be- think Kaffe Fasset