Sunday, October 31, 2010

BO strike one


After completing JSSBO on my first sock, I examined the ribbing with dismay. That's not exactly what I had in mind. Although the ribbing flows continuously from the pattern on the leg, the top of the sock looks ... well ... frilly. That's just not going to fly. Time to rethink the cuff! Maybe use the stretchy bind off every other stitch?

As I write this the sun's just coming up. With sunrise today at 7:52am and sunset expected at 6:10pm, we'll have only 10 hrs 17 mins of daylight - 2 mins 40 secs less than yesterday. I'll have to wait for better light before picking out the bound off edge. I don't like these short days of November and December; days when it's dark when I get up and dark when I finish work. What's next? Snow?

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ugh! Don't say the snow word yet!

Allison said...

I can see why you are not happy with that bind-off. I think your idea for a stretchy bind-off might be better. Beautiful socks!