Sunday, October 10, 2010

the Daisy blanket finished


The finished blanket is made up of 20 Daisy squares. I made 12 squares, but two of those were sent to the pattern designer in payment for using her pattern. Nancy made 12 squares, but two of those were her "practice" squares which weren't to be included in the blanket. After arranging my remaining ten squares and her remaining ten squares for the blanket, we couldn't tell whose was which. It all worked out perfectly. Another point of interest? Even though we were both working with the same eight colours of yarn not one of our squares was the same. Defies the odds, doesn't it?

We bordered each square in black with double crochet then assembled them with single crochet seams. Once the whole thing was together we added a double crochet edging all around. And then we stood back to admire our handiwork. A neighbour popped his head in to say hello, and remarked that we should've entered it at the Simcoe Fall Fair. I don't know about that, but we're really happy with the final result. It's very bright and cheery. Poor Nancy, though. I left it to her to break the bad news to her puppy - he seems to think we made it for him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful.

The pup is cute too. ;-)

One pair of Hands said...

This is lovely and colourful. Isn't it amazing; great minds don't always think alike do they?
What a cute little dog.

Mark said...

Amazing, Lynn. Great teamwork produces a work of art. We in NB are impressed!

Anonymous said...

In response to your question on my blog:

I'm doing Simply Skyp.

I was originally doing Harris Tweed (a waffle rib), but it was getting lost in the fuzziness.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

that looks fabulous!

I love the puppeh too, send him to me please ;-)