Thursday, October 21, 2010

the second cap


I finished the second cap this morning, stuck it on Gavin's head and snapped a photo before he rushed off to help a friend paint. The truth is that the ends are still to be sewn in, so that's what I'll be doing after publishing this post.

The smaller cap is a better size, I think. If I do it the cap again in sport weight yarn- and I think I might - then I'll go with this smaller size. I like this pattern for it's simplicity; it strikes me as the sort of thing a guy might actually wear, although more likely when knitted in grey, brown, black or navy. The decreases are cleverly designed to maintain the integrity of the 1x1 rib - the crown looks quite neat and tidy when completed.

Now, I'm off to get the ends woven in so that both caps can be posted this morning. Bethany's tentative deadline for her "Stitches for the Cure" project is November 1st ... there's no time to waste. And, with caps in the mail, I can start something new. Like another pair of socks for Christmas list!

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

men do like classic simple designs. don't they?
that looks like a winner to me!