Friday, February 25, 2011

soxy


The last couple of days at work have been busy; too busy to knit. As a result, my first Knotty or Knice sock is only knit about halfway up the leg and there's not much chance of finishing it today. No worries, I'm not on a deadline.

The yarn is from Diamond Yarn, called "Soxy". I picked it up last year at Rose's Fine Yarns for a few reasons:
• it's beautifully soft to the touch
• the muted colourway wouldn't obscure intricate patterns
• the price was right - about 25% cheaper than most sock yarns

So far, no regrets. The yarn is a bit splitty but otherwise it's been a pleasure to knit. Hopefully, with 25% nylon content, it will hold up well to machine washing and drying. Not just because I have two more skeins in the cranberry colourway; but because, if I see the green wave, turquoise or deep sea colourways, I'll be picking them up as well.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

hmmm I might have to take a trip to Rose's and check that yarn out!