Saturday, February 5, 2011

warm feet


Yesterday's post on the Warm Hands Network blog confirmed that my package of knitted goods for the Innu communities of northern Labrador arrived safely. Anita posted a couple of pictures showing the mitts, socks and blanket that I had knit. Hurray, they'll be on their way to those is need shortly.

Read a little further in Anita's blog post to find this picture of socks knit and donated by Restless Needles. I find them particularly charming because they look like just like the Kroy socks I was knitting for the Warm Hands Network after Christmas. It's funny to think how in sync Frieda and I were in January! And it reminds me that I should try to knit a pair or two a month, rather than trying to knit pair after pair in the few weeks leading up to the next shipping deadline in September.

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

they look lovely and will be well appreciated

Frieda said...

I love your tags for the hand knits ! Did you design those and how can I get some ? I didn't label my socks just a note in my letter mentioning yarn that I used .

I've just finished another pair but am getting a little sock weary . Maybe some mittens next ...