Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WIP match #2 ... a rematch


When I knit these Almost Fingerless Gloves in the fall of 2008, it was one of my first projects with a variegated yarn. Coincidentally the yarn was, at the time, one of the most expensive I had ever purchased for myself. I loved the look of the yarn in the ball and couldn't resist.

Too bad I wasn't happy with the knitted result. I didn't like the little fingerlets on the gloves. I didn't like the way the colours knitted up into wide bands on the gloves. And I didn't like the way the two gloves didn't match. At the time I didn't know what to do about it, so I bagged the gloves with the leftover yarn and threw them to the back of the yarn cupboard.

Fast forward to today. I've ripped out the gloves - cutting away the finger and thumb sections because I'm too lazy to bother with them - and have rewound the yarn in anticipation of something new. I clicked through other Ravelers' projects knit with this yarn, and it looks to me like this Swirl Shawl is ideal. Too bad I don't feel like knitting that. Instead I'm knitting up this yarn as another scrappy lengthwise scarf. The long rows should distribute the colours in a more pleasing way. Besides I LOVE the scrappy scarf I knit in January, so why not another?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's concentrate on the Angry Birds project...

Frieda said...

Go for it !! I love yor scrappy scarf and can't wait to see how this one turns out ....