Monday, March 14, 2011

gone to the dogs


Yesterday's trip to Knit-o-matic was extremely successful. I came home with enough yarn for a couple more blankets - Mission Falls 1824 wool in raspberry red (on sale!) and Cascade 200 Superwash in purple - and a book with patterns to "Knit Your Own Dog". I was particularly taken with the pattern for this English Bulldog, and I'll admit, the pug and the sheep dog are pretty cute as well. Too bad there isn't a golden-doodle; that'd be a perfect gift for my brother celebrating his birthday today!

I can't say enough good things about Knit-o-matic. We arrived just as the shop opened but despite the stampede the store owner was welcoming, friendly and helpful. She carried a very broad selection of yarn despite the tiny proportions of her store. Add to that some fun and funky patterns and accessories - really fun to shop there.

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

a knitted bulldog would be fabulous ;-)