Wednesday, April 20, 2011

... not


Nope, the sweater's not done. Turns out button bands and seams take longer than I thought. I've always been an optimistic estimator; things usually take longer than I think they should. But no worries, I'll show the ladies a finished sweater next week. Also the extra few days will give me time to wash and block the sweater which I'm hoping will help the shoulder seams relax a bit.

My herringbone ribbed socks are progressing slowly as well. But with all the slipping of stitches back and forth, and over, that's not surprising. Can you see how thickly the stitches are overlapped?

Thank goodness there's a long weekend coming! Can't wait to clear the decks of all these old projects and start something new. A bulldog I think! Or maybe the Habu clutch pattern that's rattling around in my head.

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I am a horrible knit-estimator. I always think "I'm almost done," when in reality- I'm hours away.

Anonymous said...

How thick are those socks? Do they have much "give"?

The color sure is pretty!

kathy b said...

an optimistic estimator....love it.. I am too

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I'm useless at estimating. I thought I'd have my mother's sweater finished by the end of March. nope. Easter? nope. royal wedding?? no way.
sigh