Tuesday, May 10, 2011

fixed


Thank goodness! My blanket is finally fixed and back on track. It looked as if I had dropped a stitch and it had laddered back almost an entire repeat to the beginning of a starflower motif. It was a setback but I'm awfully glad I took the time to go back to fix it properly; otherwise it would have bugged me every time I looked at the blanket. And we can't have that.

With things back on the rails I'll go ahead and say what I was going to say a couple of days ago (in that innocent time before the dropped stitch fiasco): this lace pattern is easier than most because you can read the knitting and see (almost) right away if you've gone wrong or missed a yarn over. That's kind of nice because it means I can knit while watching a hockey game; I don't have to refer to the chart every couple of stitches. Now let's hope I can complete the last third of the blanket without incident.

2 comments:

WildflowerWool said...

Glad to hear you fixed that dropped stitch! I really love that pattern.

Delusional Knitter said...

Lovely blanket. I love lace like that where you know instantly that something isn't right.