Friday, May 27, 2011

how I convinced myself


Yesterday I wanted to start an Umaro blanket instead of knitting another watch cap or knitting more tiny hats for the Big Knit. I thought about it for a while. Should I exert some self-discipline and stick to the plans I'd laid out for myself? Or should I give in to temptation and cast on Umaro? Obviously Umaro won, but I've come up with this list of justifications to clear up any misgivings:

i) There was never any doubt that I was going to knit Umaro with this yarn eventually; it's hands-down the most attractive pattern I've ever seen for bulky yarn.

ii) With bulky yarn, the blanket will knit up quickly. Within the few days it'll take to knit this blanket, I'll have tidied up an entire bag of yarn - stash busting!

iii) Umaro is one of two patterns I'm considering for another blanket with stash yarn. Shale Baby Blanket is the other. It's good to test drive the pattern before making my decision.

iv) My sister-in-law is visiting this weekend and she'll want to see the Umaro in progress. In fact, she'll want to knit one of her own, I'm sure.

See, I'm convinced!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

really want to knit this one, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Paige said...

Your Umaro is beautiful! I love that pattern.

Anonymous said...

That blanket is lovely looking. I think I will knit one of my own

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh...you're knitting Umaro. It's waiting in my queue. I can't wait to see it in person. That shale baby blanket is now in my queue too. Thanks!