Wednesday, June 22, 2011

herringbone ribs update


This second day of summer is cloudy and rainy - just the right sort of weather for knitting my herringbone rib socks. Increasingly I'm thinking of these as "winter" socks and struggle to find motivation to knit the second sock on summery days. Enough's enough. It's time to get these done, don't you think?

This evening my sister and my nephew are picking me up from work, although, for my nephew the opening of a Lego store at the mall up the street is the big draw. Isn't Lego the greatest? After shopping we'll probably end up at East Side Mario's for dinner I'd guess. This visit is a nice treat to look forward to at the end of my work day!

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I want to go to the Lego store! Lucky kid!

Anonymous said...

How stiff is that sock. It looks like it's a pretty "firm" pattern. But, I LOVE the look and the color is really pretty.

WildflowerWool said...

There is something about that pattern that makes you winter for sure. Great colours!