Thursday, June 23, 2011

an indiscretion


Okay, I'll admit it. I've started these Hourglass socks before my herringbone ribbed socks are finished. I just couldn't help myself. The colour of the yarn is so pretty and so summery that I HAD TO. This pattern has been in my queue for ages - as soon as I saw the Robin's Egg colourway of Viola yarn I knew now was the time.

The pattern is very fussy with all those traveling stitches. Within the chart there are a handful of P2tog TBL stitches, but after watching the video and trying it a couple of times, I've decided to just work them as P2togs. See how much trouble she has with them in the demonstration? I wasn't any better at it. Life's just too short for that kind of nonsense. Switching to the simpler stitch makes little difference to the appearance of the sock, so away we go!

Now, I promise, back to those Herringbone Ribs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a much better plan than frustrating yourself all the way through TWO socks.

The pattern is lovely.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Don;t worry I won't tell. I might have given up on my deadline project last night in favour of playing a few levels of Zuma...