Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday


Today's Wednesday update focuses on my Hourglass socks. I'm making good progress on the first sock, with the heel completed and the gusset decreases well under way. The pattern as written has the foot knit over 69 stitches - that'll be too big! Instead I've decided that the first two and last two stitches of the instep pattern aren't needed. By shifting those to the bottom of the foot and continuing the gusset decreases I can bring the number of stitches down to 61 stitches. Much better.

There'll be plenty of knitting time today on my Go Train to subway to bus commute back and forth to work. Looks like the second sock will be on the needles sometime this week. It feels like these socks are knitting up very quickly, doesn't it?

In the meantime, Gavin is busy making me a set of blocking wires using plastic coated coat hangers. Does anyone have blocking wires? Will these work or will they be too thick?

1 comment:

WildflowerWool said...

You always choose such great sock patterns! This one is looking great!