Friday, August 5, 2011

Finished Object Friday


Just one finished object to show off today, and I'm showing it to you with mixed feelings. I finished my Hyperbolic Scrubbie - a very quick and easy crochet project which I've worked in Phentex Craft yarn. The yarn's plastic, so it dries quickly and doesn't rot or mildew. Perfect for life beside my sink!

Pros: love the look and feel of it, really enjoyed making it
Cons: it's shape and sturdiness don't make the best scrubbie

I thought about doing another with a much larger hook for a drapier fabric but I'm still not convinced that the shape is ideal for scrubbing pots. Instead the rest of the Phentex yarn will be knit up as Tribble scrubbies. I've made a few of those before and they work great!

Want some great ideas, or just want to see what other people have been accomplished? Check out the list at Tami's Amis!

7 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Every time I hear the word "phentex" all I can think of are the giant slippers my grandma made me that made my feet sweat!
I should definitely make some scrubbies though.

Wool Diaries said...

Lovely, you might need to make a different pattern, what a clever yarn, it's perfect for scrubbies.

Calophi said...

I've never even heard of phentex before. How interesting! Let us know how the other scrubbies work in this yarn.

stephanni :] said...

i'm going to have to check out this phentex stuff. i love the tribble pattern & your instructions of "pretend that you are strangling something". that is awesome! ;) i love the tribble pattern thanks for sharing & the comment. :o)

J.R. said...

hmmm phentex. I will have to check it out! (and I think I would use the tribble pattern more than the other one for scrubbing too!)
They make neat toys though!

Anonymous said...

yay for functional projects!

Pearlin J said...

I've heard of this yarn you mention! How nice there is one such for making scrubbies.your scrubbies looks nice.