Thursday, October 6, 2011

Conwy progress

to the gusset and beyond!

The bright sunshine fooled me this morning; it's a chilly 7° C out there! Definitely fall and definitely sock weather! With the heel turn complete and the gusset decreases well underway, this second Conwy sock is headed towards the final stretch. With a quiet day at work I may be able to finish this today or tomorrow. And won't that be a relief?!

I'm still quite distressed about this yarn. My Mom - and probably every other Mom - used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." Good words of advice when posting to online forums. But after much debate I decided to ignore that tried and true advice; I went ahead with a negative comment in the yarn database in Ravelry. After my experience I feel obliged post a warning. The colourways are lovely and perhaps it's a good choice for lace projects, but I wish someone had warned me against choosing it for socks. Oh well, lesson learned.

Once these socks are off the needles I can cast on my second Dalarna sock in this yarn; now that's a pleasure to knit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It still LOOKS lovely, even if it is a bear to knit.

WildflowerWool said...

Too bad about the yarn but the colour and pattern are great!