Monday, October 24, 2011

rrrrrrrrip

restarted

This morning just as the subway train pulled into Kipling station and just as I finished the last round of the leg, I had a series of revelations:

 ... this yarn is so soft that it'd be best knit on the smallest possible needles for the tightest possible fabric for the best possible durability,

 ... and, when I said yesterday that I was okay with these socks knitting up too small for me, that I was prepared to give them away to someone with small feet on my Christmas list, I was kidding myself,

 ... and, given that this pattern features a narrow repeat it'd be really, really simple to add an eight stitch repeat to the front and back of the sock to bring the total stitch count to 72,

so I've ripped out and started again. You knew where that was headed, didn't you? I only wish I'd thought that through before I knit the six and half inch leg of the first sock. Oh well, consider it practice.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sometimes you just gotta do it - and I think you'll be glad you did.

Unknown said...

I hate when that happens, but at least you are on track now! Just ripped out 14" of stocking leg because it wasn't working. But 64 sts on size 8US will go fast.

kathy b said...

thats the trouble with revelations....hmmmmmm
I love the purple color