Saturday, October 8, 2011

some like it hot

I put that sh*t on everything

If a beer bottle can have a sweater, then why not a hot sauce bottle? This week I'm shopping for an extra large bottle of Frank's Red Hot - ideally about twice the size of the bottle shown. And as soon as I have that I can cast on a Team Canada hockey jersey adapting this pattern to fit. The actual logo looked too fussy and detailed to work in miniature so I opted to order an embroidered badge instead. It should work, right?

Hopefully it does work, because the plan is to make a second sweater - a South African rugby sweater - for a bottle of Jalapeno pepper sauce. His and hers, as it were.

But as I ponder this I can't help but wonder .... is it a hockey sweater? or a hockey jersey? There's a heated debate about just this dilemma. I'm leaning towards "sweater" myself.

3 comments:

SillyLittleLady said...

Hahaha how cute! Those will be awesome. And I'm voting sweater also because of the material and technique.

Anonymous said...

I'm leaning towards sweater too. To me a jersey is that heavy-weight nylon garment the players wear.

Can't wait to see you finished SWEATER!!!

MagicalJane said...

To me it's a Hockey Jersey - that has been knit - but regardless of the name, I think it's fabulous! Your sauce will be hot - AND warm. LOL