Tuesday, November 1, 2011

new toy

oooooh, shiny!

The last several days have been crazy busy, and there's no sign of the pace letting up. I've been knitting away at the red sweater whenever I find a moment, but my Denmark socks have been pretty much ignored.

Yesterday a shiny new toy arrived by post - my new Kobo Vox eReader. It's marketed as a colour eBook reader. But it's really a low cost colour Android tablet. Sure, it's not as slick or powerful or fast as an iPad, but it's a better size for carrying around and much cheaper. So far ...


  • I've downloaded and read a book
  • I've downloaded and read a newspaper
  • I tried reading the online preview of Interweave Knits, but first I need to install flash
  • I've browsed online on the Ravelry forums
  • I downloaded and played Angry Birds, which is turning out to be a dangerous time suck

Next step? Download knitting patterns, upload photos and figure out how to blog from my tablet. Wheeee, this is so much fun!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I keep looking at those, we got the Younger an I-Pad. But the touching the screen thing drives me crazy!! All those fingerprints. LOL. Have fun!

One pair of Hands said...

Well done you. I am facing the challenge of learning to use an android system tablet. Slow going so far.

Erin Kate said...

So jealous! It looks so fun!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Ooooh, I am resisting the shininess of e readers for now but would love to hear more about how you get on

Anonymous said...

Colour me GREEN! Have fun with your new toy.