Sunday, November 20, 2011

Year of Projects - Denmark Post 03

purple everywhere

Knitting on the Road: Canada • Canal du Midi • Conwy • Dalarna  Denmark • Friday Harbor • Hiiumaa • Huron Mountain • New England • The Road to Oslo • Santa Fe • Spey Valley • Christmas in Tallinn • Traveler's Stockings • Uinta Cabin • Unst • Whitby 


Today's blog post is being brought to you by the colour purple. At least at the moment it feels like I'm surrounded by purple. My Denmark sock is still at the same point it was two weeks ago - out-of-town guests, the wedding and then the honeymoon all got in the way of knitting progress, in a good way. But I've got a pair and a half of mitts knit in purple Cascade 220 superwash so knitting wasn't halted altogether. Most of the plain stockinette mitt was knit at LAX and on the plane yesterday. As well, Santa Monica did provide opportunities for stash enhancement thanks to stores like Wildfiber and Compatto Yarn Salon: I came home with two skeins of Wollmeise, as well as a skein each of Madeline Tosh and Pagewood Farms MCN sock yarn.

We flew back into Toronto late last night so this morning has been all about laundry and getting ready for the work week ahead. I did take a few minutes to weave in the ends on the three completed mitts because, with four ends per mitt, the photo would have been altogether too messy otherwise. My plan for the rest of the day is to finish the laundry, make up the beds with clean sheets, dash out to do a quick grocery shop and finish the second mitt.

I'm also keen to get a move on with these Denmark socks. There's a skein of Wollmeise in lovely variegated greys that I can't wait to get on the needles. Maybe for Spey Valley socks?

11 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

ooh pretty! I love purple

CrochetBlogger said...

Isn't it funny how we can sometimes steal five minutes to make a project look more finished just so it looks better for a photo on the blog? I've definitely done that! :)

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful purple! Its my favorite color :o)

Anonymous said...

What excellent reasons for getting behind on knitting! I love the sound of your new wool too. I don't think there's such a thing as too much purple.

* said...

Sounds like you've had a fun day with laundry and weavin in ends!

Your mittens look great and the colour is gorgeous....I do like purple!

Unknown said...

I just love that shade of purple and all your projects look fab.

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Ahhh purple *sigh* I love it! Can't ever have too much and that all looks gorgeous.

x

One pair of Hands said...

Oh that pile of washing when you return from holiday. Where does it come from? If only there were a laundry fairy that would take care of it all.

Dorothy said...

Great shade of purple. Love it.

Anonymous said...

To answer your question...a daughter of a dear friend is expecting. Jacki (the daughter) and I have been close since she was a young teen. She is an amazing young woman and she and Mike will be amazing parents.

Stefanie said...

What a great purple. I love Cascade 220 Superwash!
Congrats on your nuptials.