Tuesday, February 21, 2012

problem solved


After all the trouble I had paying attention to the charts for my New England socks, this highlighter tape that I came across at Knit-O-Matic seemed like the perfect solution. With two strips applied to the pattern indicating the start and end of the diamond pattern repeat, I could easily follow the chart even when distracted by the TV.

It's available in a variety of colours and it's low tack - meaning it can be easily removed without damaging my pattern book. Although the pink, yellow or orange might have been better matches for the Peeps colourway I'm knitting with, I opted for blue instead. It works perfectly. In fact, it's made this so much easier that I finished the first sock last night and will start the second later today.

Right now though, I've cast on a Koolhaas hat in an icy light blue. Lately I've been enjoying working on smaller, quicker projects at the same time as working on socks. Could be the instant gratification of starting and finishing things within a day or two? Or maybe the satisfaction of whipping through worsted weight stash yarn on bigger needles? Whatever the case, it's this new blue hat that's got my attention now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my highlighter tape. But it will leave a residue, just not much. Your page might feel tacky after a while. Likely an eraser will clean it up. I am thinking I need to do some quick knits in between the shawl and sweater knitting I am doing this year. Then why did I pull out yarn for a baby vest last night! Oh well, it's much smaller than a big sweater!

MarmePurl said...

CLEVER clever....I MUST go get some of that highlighter tape.

Kim Sonksen said...

WOW that hat is awesome! I must try that pattern