Sunday, August 18, 2013

Year of Projects 3: Hundred Acre Woods 01


SOCKTOPUS: Totally Vanilla • Kandahar • V Junkie • Kwalia • Farmer McGregor • Shur'tugal • 2luvcrew • Vorticity • Rumpled! • Crowley • Om Shanti • Mince Pie Mayhem • Hundred Acre Wood • De Stijl • Fiori di Zucca • Caretta Caretta • Spring Shoots

I missed posting last week - sorry - but things were so hectic that I can't actually believe it's been a week and a half since I've even looked at my blog. One more sign that I've been busy? Almost no knitting done. Seriously! That's what you get when you start thinking you're ahead of the game, right?


In all that time I've managed to finish the first sock of my Hundred Acre Wood pair. Although I've cast on sock two, it's still at the toe so there's no point in showing you that. At least now I can rest assured that switching down to a smaller needle and knitting the medium size is going to work for me. There are lots of participants in the KAL struggling to get these socks to fit! Thank goodness mine are working out fine.

When I started I was concerned that this colourway of Dragonfly Fibers sock yarn might be too busy for the pattern, but I needn't have been. It's fine I think. More than fine, really ... it's all my favourite colours with cashmere!

On top of working morning, noon and night, I'm also trying to get a quilt face finished. Next weekend I'll see my SIL at a family function and I'd dearly love to hand it off to her for longarm quilting ahead of the Christmas rush. If I get it done, I'll post a pic next week. It's a braided scrap quilt. With six braids done, and with each braid finishing at 7" wide, and with a plan for three borders totalling 8" on each side of the centre panel, I figure I need another 3-4 braids to make a reasonable size quilt. I could add sashing between the braids to widen it, but I'm hoping not to. I really like the look of the braids butting up to each other. Wish me luck!





15 comments:

Christine said...

What a great looking pattern. And the colour choice is pretty awesome. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Hundred acre woods is looking great and I absolutley love the colour ! Best of luck with the quilt, hope you get it done.

MagicalJane said...

Looking forward to seeing the quilt. The sock colours are lovely.

Lucy Bowen said...

Good luck with the quilt! Hundred Acre Wood looks lovely and the colour is just right. I have yet to cast on my totally vanilla as I have been waiting to get the right yarn!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Love the color of that sock!!!!! Pretty pattern!!! I've kinda fell of the sock wagon and am now onto shawls....

Michelle said...

That is beautiful! I always stress about whether or not socks will come out the right size.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty sock. I love those colors!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I have frogged my sock - because yep - I just couldn't get it to fit
Oh well. Yours looks great!

Evelyn said...

What a beauty ... and cashmere, no less!

Stefanie said...

This is a great match. I can hear the trumpets sounding and the hounds barking while horses gallop and their riders yell, "Tally ho!"

Carolina22 said...

Love the color! Good job on the fit - having just struggled with that I know how good it feels when it works :) Best of luck on your quilt! I have one that just needs the binding sewn down...

Unknown said...

What a beautiful sock. Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

You're right, that yarn is perfect for the pattern. Love it!

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

The socks looks great, and you're right, the colours are perfect for the pattern!

Tonya said...

Pretty. Love the colours. I can see why you are pleased.