Sunday, April 5, 2015

Year of Projects 4: Wedge 03

KNIT. SOCK. LOVE. : BFF • Clandestine • Cusp • German Stockings • Gothic Spire • Hedera • In and Out • Lissajous • Marilinda • Mona • Monkey • Pointelle • Rhombus • Sake • Stalagmite • Stricken • Thelonious • Twisted Flower • Wedge

The first of my Wedge socks is finished and the second is well on its way but not quite done. I seemed to have lost a few weekdays into a black hole after three hours in the dentist's office on Tuesday. About a week and a half to go of munching on not-sticky, not-crunchy, not-chewy, not-hot, not cold food before I get my permanent crown. Can't wait!! But never mind that, why don't we agree that I show you my finished Wedge socks next week?

The entire week wasn't a write-off though. I did finish the No-Purl Ribbed scarf and my Chalcot socks. The last half of the scarf was extremely tedious - perhaps that's true of all scarves? - so it was a relief to get it off the needles. I hunkered down and knit the full 72 inches before casting off.

Chalcot Socks on the other hand, were a very engrossing knit. Lots going on, lots of charts, lots of counting and lots of twisted stitches. And yes, some very bent metal needles after all those K3togs! I love the finished socks though! After weighing the first sock I realized I was going to be short on yarn for the second, so I shortened the leg by four rounds and shortened the heel flap by 4 rows. That did the trick; I finished sock two with a couple of yards of yarn to spare. And you'd have to really look to see the difference!

Once I finish my Wedge Socks, I'm planning to cast on Hedera. The decision came down to the fact that I just can't face another pattern with tons of cables, charts or twisted stitches right now. Hedera looks like a quick mindless knit, and that's just what I'm in the mood for at the moment. Besides, I'm so far behind on my Year of Projects that knocking a few quickies off the list would go along way to boosting morale. I'd really like to knit Rhombus too, but I'm picturing them in a royal purple or navy blue so they might wait until after the Knitter's Frolic and a bit of yarn shopping.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another pretty pair of socks to wear. They turned out beautiful!!! :-)

kathy b said...

WOw. Your socks are complex and really come out great!

Stefanie said...

I like the top panel of these socks. It has a medieval vibe like stained glass Madonna's in a stone church.

K1teach2 said...

Those Chalcot socks are just gorgeous! And yes, I completely understand the desire for a less demanding project after such a demanding project.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those socks look great! And the scarf looks cozy - hopefully it won't be needed much until next winter! I want some warm sunshine!

Frieda said...

Love , love , love the Chalcot socks ! The pattern is in my ravelry queue , but my brain is still foggy these days , I don't think that I'm up for the challenge :-) . Have fun with the Hedera socks ...

Lucy Bowen said...

Beautiful finishes and they almost look like the same yarn - a set!

SamiT said...

So excited to see Rhombus. Definite favourite out of Knit. Sock. Love., and I have a lot of favourites!

Iris said...

I so enjoy your knitting. Gorgeous projects, as usual. Love the colour of the scarf and the socks are lovely!

Unknown said...

Lovely socks!